Korean Kalbi

I got this from a recipe I found by Roy Choi but I changed a few things and scaled it down.

3 whole scallions

4 cloves garlic

1/2 pink lady apple (I'm not into asian pears - they are flavorless to me)

1/4 cup soy sauce (I like Kimlan the best)

1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice

2 tbsp. mirin

1 tbsp. sake (optional)

2 tbsp. sesame oil

1 tbsp. sugar


Put everything in a food processor or Vitamix (if you're lucky) and blend until smooth.

Marinate the meat with in a ziploc bag with marinade - I didn't use it all. Marinate a few hours in fridge.

I use a foil covered cookie sheet. Broil about 6 inches below the heat element on high for about 7 minutes on one side then about 3 on the other.

Serve with some scallions, soy sauce mixed with gochujang and jasmine rice.

Comments