Chicken Chow Mein

I got this from the blog "Cooking Classy". I changed some things of course: I use spaghetti noodles, chicken thighs (never use breasts), less ginger, more garlic, less carrots, an onion and some chili garlic hot sauce. You'll never want shitty restaurant chow mein again. This is the real deal. The oyster sauce is the key ingredient here - don't use any substitute.


1/2lb organic spaghetti noodles

kosher salt


Chicken:

1lb chicken thighs

kosher salt

freshly cracked black pepper

cornstarch

1 tsp grapeseed oil


Veggies:

4 stalks of celery

1 onion

1/2 head green cabbage

1 carrot


Sauce:

1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce

1 tbsp. oyster sauce (best quality you can find)

1/2 tsp organic ginger

3 cloves garlic

1 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil

1 tbsp chili garlic hot sauce (whatever you like - I make my own)


Garnish:

green onions

Comments